Saffron Chef / Thai Chef – Job Offer at Banyan Tree Tamouda Bay. Our Saffron restaurant, which first opened at Banyan Tree Phuket in 1995, brings the same quality to its delightful selection of gourmet Thai cuisine as the precious and unique saffron spice which, with 75,000 flowers needed to produce just one pound of saffron, is the very essence of refined delicacy.
From its humble beginnings as a simple curry house, Saffron has since leaped beyond its origins to become the award-winning dining experience that it is today, and the signature Thai restaurant of Banyan Tree Hotels & Resorts.
A Saffron Chief at Banyan Tree Tamouda Bay is responsible :
– for maintaining the standard recipes and presentation in Saffron restaurant.
– To ensure that highest customer satisfaction is provided.
– To ensure that the cooking in Thai kitchen is according to Food safety systems as detailed in the BTHR Health and hygiene manual.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Saffron Chief, you are responsible for working closely with the Executif Chef and FB to ensure that highest customer satisfaction is provided. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
– Directs and controls all subordinate kitchen staff to ensure that all day to day operational matters are handled on time and guest expectations are met.
– Co-ordinates with Executive chefand Outlet Manager in ensuring that specific restaurant operations function efficiently and on time
– Prepares duty rosters as directed
– Monitors the consistency of preparation and presentation in all food production areas to ensure that they conform to the requisite standards.
– Liaises with purchasing and suppliers to ensure that all food items ordered are delivered, and are of the appropriate quality at the most competitive price
– Conducts periodic checks of all food delivery and storage areas to ensurequality of food and standards of hygiene are maintained.
– Assists in the implementation of the annual promotion plan and menu change cycle
– Helps to ensure that an accurate and up-to-date recipe bank is maintained
– Assists in menu planning as directed, and utilizes sales analysis and menu engineering techniques accordingly
– Assists in maintaining standards of hygiene and cleanliness in all kitchen and related areas
– Assists in the controlling and monitoring of all kitchen expenses
– Prepares and submits reports as directed by supervisors
– Conducts frequent kitchen and back of house checks ensuring mise-en-place, production procedures, repair and maintenance, employee grooming and manning levels are in order and takes appropriate action where necessary
– Assists in the selection, training and evaluation of subordinate employees
– Coaches, counsels, disciplines and develops subordinate employee
A Saffron Chef serving Banyan Tree is always working with all team members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills and values that follow:
– Years of related experience: 3-7 years
– Desirable Job Skills : Ability to work a personal computer, Proven track record in hotel of similar standard in similar capacity in Asia/ Thai Restaurant
– Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
– Strong leadership skills, whereas it is evident that you can effectively manage and motivate a team to perform beyond expectations
– Language Skills: Reasonable level of English required
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
– French or Spanish speaker
– Knowledge of Saffron Kitchen
– A passion for Thai Kitchen
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Please email resume with current & expected salary, & availability to: Salima.Chaanoun@banyantree.com