Nexteer Automotive – a leader in intuitive motion control – is a multibillion-dollar global steering and driveline business delivering electric and hydraulic steering systems, steering columns and driveline systems, as well as ADAS and automated driving technologies for OEMs around the world.
The company’s global workforce of 13,500+ serves more than 50 customers in every major region of the world.
Nexteer has 25 manufacturing plants, two technical centers, 14 customer service centers and one global technical center strategically located in North and South America, Europe and Asia.
Nexteer Automotive’s customers include BMW, FCA, Ford, GM, PSA, Toyota and VW, as well as automakers in India and China.
Nexteer Automotive Kenitra was currently looking to recruit an HSE Supervisor.
Division / Location : Nexteer Automotive Morocco
Reports To: Plant Manager
Direct Reports: Facility grp and Nurses
General Purpose of the Position :
Manage company EHS issues covering environment protection, working safety and health, hazarders and risk assessment and control, etc.
Basic duties and references :
– Manage the air, waste, noise and water discharges of the plant to make sure that all meet legal and Corporate requirements.
– Take the leadership of maintaining ISO14001 Environmental Management System for the plant
– Develop and Implement a hazardous material control process for the plant
– Manage the EHS permit applications and renewal process for the plant
– Manage and report on environmental metrics to plant and corporate staffs
– Recommend annual EHS goals to the Plant Manager, monitor and communicate plant performance
– Manage all technical aspects of the plant’s safety programs including engaging plant leadership,recordkeeping, metrics, accident prevention, machine guarding and lockout, emergency procedures, fire protection, vehicle safety, emergency preparedness and training
– Manage industrial hygiene programs, including employee exposure monitoring, noise control, PPE, confined space, ergonomics and training
– Forecast and manage the plant’s EHS budget.Provide plant management and project teams with cost estimates for new or upgraded EHS controls
– Ensure that all new projects have undergone an EHS review and that necessary controls have been budgeted and are provided.
– Conduct daily EHS plant tours and participate in weekly plant manager’s EHS audits
– Develop EHS training materials and a process to deliver same
Required qualifications :
Education level :
– Higher (preferred: technical), engineering or related studies.
– 1-3 years of EHS work experience in a manufacturing environment that demonstrates problem solving skills and continuous improvement accomplishments.
– Good understand of local EHS regulations and Nexteer corporate requirements, and their applications in a manufacturing facility. (R)
– BS degree in EHS or other related engineering discipline. (R)
– Good understand of ISO14001 requirements(R)
– Good oral and written skills in local language and English.(R)
– Be able to establish and use measurement systems to determine performance for compliance with environmental regulations. (P)
– Be able to negotiate, communicate, and resolve EHS issues with both internal and external constituencies. (P)
– Has good computer skill (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, outlook, etc.)(R)
– Have established relationships with local EHS agencies. (P)
(P: preferred – R: required)
Training (based on the need) :
– ISO14000 system
– OHSAS 18000 system
– First Aid
– Fire Fighting
Corporate competences :
– Independence and responsibility for the result of work
– Constructive communication
– Personal development
– Striving for excellent quality
– Clear decisions in a timely manner
– Integrity and responsibility
– Customer orientation
– Continuous innovation
– Collaborative relationships
– Analytical thinking